At Michael A. Gordon, DDS,PC, it’s our goal to help all our patients in and around Schererville, IN receive the most healthy and attractive smile possible. From simple fillings to implant supported dentures, we offer a wide variety of services that are dedicated to helping you achieve the beautiful smile that you deserve. As your Schererville cosmetic dentist, one such efficient dental treatment that we proudly offer is the placement of veneers.
What are Veneers?
Veneers are thin pieces of specially-shaped porcelain that are bonded to the front of your teeth. They’re often used as an alternative to crowns when a dentist isn’t required to remove as much of the existing tooth structure. Veneers are used to fix a variety of dental problems, including:
- Chipped Teeth
- Cracked teeth
- Crooked teeth
- Lsrge gaps between teeth
- Discolored teeth
Veneers are more conservative than crowns, yet are still very durable, with the ability to last for about ten years.
The Veneer Process
Receiving a veneer is a simple process that will follow these steps:
- During your first appointment, we’ll discuss what we want the veneer or veneers to accomplish. We will take photos and models of your teeth to plan what the final restorations will look like.
- You can also request a “try-in,” which is essentially a temporary veneer that you can use to see what it will look like.
- After this, we’ll prepare your teeth in order to reshape them for the veneers. Veneers are only as thick as needed to achieve the final desired shape and color.
- We’ll then take an impression of your teeth. This is what will be used as a model to create the veneers.
- We’ll place temporary veneers on your teeth and you’ll wear them until your permanent veneers are ready.
- Your dentist will place a try-in material on your teeth to verify the perfect fit and color. The tooth will then be cleansed thoroughly to achieve a durable bond. Once the adhesive is between the veneer and your tooth, we’ll use a light to activate the adhesive.
Contact Your Schererville, IN Cosmetic Dentist Today!
If you’d like to learn more about veneers or any of our other cosmetic dental treatments, including dental implants, we encourage you to contact us. If you’d like to schedule an appointment with us, please feel free to give us a call at (219) 322-1929. We can’t wait to help give you an even more beautiful smile!